Slip and Fall Lawyers
Slip or fall is also known as a trip of fall, where the person in case of injury when slipping or falling, can process a lawsuit and he owner of the property must be held responsible for this accident. If you need a free consultation or want to contact a Slip and Fall Attorneys. Contact Us and let us help you in your case
More than 2.5 million older adults look it on emergency rooms in the United Estate in 2013 after being injured in non-fatal falls and greater than 734,000 patients have been admitted to hospital, based on the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Falls could cause extreme accidents together with hip fractures and traumatic brain injuries, making it tough to live independently. Falls are a number one reason behind traumatic brain injuries and the the third main reason behind death from unintentional injuries, the CDC reports. Our Slip and Fall Attorneys can help you, get a free consultation now.
CDC statistics reveal that about 25,500 older adults died from a fall accident in 2013, with roughly half of those deaths ensuing from a traumatic brain injury. Older adults are at excessive risk of serious harm or death in a slip and fall.
Slip and falls are completely too common and may cause severe injury. The National Business Group on Health fact sheet indicates that falls have been the highest reason behind injury for individuals of all ages between the years of 1997 and 2007. These accidents ranged from delicate to severe and life-threatening.
In case you or a loved one was harm in a slip and fall, you will have the legal right to obtain compensation in your injuries from the person or company liable for your accident. A slip and fall lawyer at Anthony Smith Law Office can help you make your case.
Where Do Slip and Fall Accidents Happen?
Slip and falls can occur almost anywhere. Nevertheless, there are particular conditions and locations where there’s a higher probability of a fall. For example:
- Hotels: NSU Hospitality reports that slip and falls are the highest reason behind resort accidents annually, with 70 % occurring on flat walking surfaces.
- Restaurants: Lighthouse Enterprises estimates that the common restaurant shall be dealing with between three and 9 slip and fall incidents yearly.
- Grocery Shops: The National Floor Safety Institute reports that greater than $450 million is spent yearly to defend in opposition to slip and fall claims, and these accidents are the main reason behind accidents for each employees and patrons.
- Work: The National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI) reports that around 16 % of all employees’ compensation claims and 26 % of costs related to work accidents happen on account of falls at work.
- Stairs: The Church Mutual Insurance Group reports that an estimated 90 % of falls at church buildings and worship facilities happen when persons are on the steps.
In many of these conditions, the victim of a slip and fall is on someone else’s property when the accident happens. A slip and fall accident victim can take legal action in opposition to the property owner or against the renter occupying the property if this owner or renter was negligent about warning adequately about a fall hazard or correcting it in a well timed fashion.
How Do Slip and Fall Accidents Happen?
If you find yourself at somebody’s property or out in a public location, certain factors enhance your probabilities of slipping and falling. Widespread reasons for slip and fall accidents include:
- Modifications in flooring surface (from tile to carpet for example)
- Slippery or slick flooring
- Ice or snow
- Uneven pavement or gravel
- Cracks in sidewalks or flooring
- Stairs which might be too steep, which have damaged handrails or which have slim treads
- Particles or overseas objects in walkways
- Modifications within the top of the ground or floor (similar to a small step down).
Many slip and fall accidents might be prevented with correct maintenance and by exercising reasonable care in making a property safe for guests. If there are hazards that can’t be mounted or corrected, the property owner or renter must adequately warn guests of the hazard.
Taking Legal Action After a Slip and Fall
If you find yourself injured in a severe slip and fall accident, you might be able to make a personal injury claim in opposition to the person who owned the property or who was renting and responsible for the maintenance on the property. To have the ability to file a slip and fall claim, it’s essential present that:
- The owner or renter had a legal obligation to you to make the property safe The owner fell short in fulfilling that obligation
- You suffered hurt as a result of the owner’s actions.
Proving these elements might be difficult, particularly since there are particular rules about how proof is collected and introduced in a courtroom. A slip and fall attorneys at Anthony Smith Law Office can help you to assemble needed proof and attempt to make your case for damages.
Kinds of Slip and Fall Accidents
When you are harm in a slip and fall, the sum of money you possibly can recover from the property owner or renter who was responsible for the accident will range relying upon how badly you have been harm. Common injuries that outcome from slip and fall accidents include:
- Fractures. NFSI stories that falls cause 87 % of bone fractures in adults ages 65 and up. Hip fractures are a common results of slip and falls among the many aged, however anyone of any age can break a bone in a fall.
- Death. The CDC reports that falls are the highest reason behind death for adults ages 65 and up. Children are particularly vulnerable to death as a result of a slip and fall, though anyone can suffer fatal injuries in slip and fall accidents.
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). Hitting your head in a fall could cause you to develop this condition, which causes ongoing cognitive impairment, temper changes, seizures, and different signs. The results of a brain injury from a fall might be very extreme. An estimated 46 % of fall-related deaths in 2000 occurred because of TBI, based on the CDC.
- Spinal cord injury. NFSI reports that falls are the second commonest reason behind spinal cord injury in adults over the age of 65. Anybody who falls on their back could doubtlessly injury the spinal cord and expertise full or partial paralysis.
- Neck, shoulder, and back accidents. These injuries can include harm to the soft tissues together with the muscles, joints, and ligaments. Strains, sprains, and herniated discs may result from fall injuries.
- Knee injuries. Accidents to the knee from a fall could include injury to gentle tissues together with sprains, strains, and tears.
Slip and fall accidents can have severe consequences and you might be compelled to bear prolonged and costly medical treatments and rehabilitation. Your ability to work could also be affected and it’s possible you’ll experience ongoing pain.
The law lets you be “made whole” for these losses. You can seek compensation for all the costs and consequences of fall accidents together with fee of medical payments, lost income/wages, pain and struggling damages, and emotional distress damages. If the fall results in a death, then surviving members of the family also can get better compensation for loss of companionship and other wrongful death damages.
Our Slip and Fall Attorneys at Anthony Smith Law Can Help!
If you or a loved one suffers a slip and fall injury, there are two methods to resolve your personal injury or wrongful death claim and to get the compensation you deserve. One option is to negotiate a settlement agreement, giving up your right to sue in exchange for payment. The second choice is to take your claim to courtroom and show your case.
Many attorneys are good at negotiating settlements or representing clients in courtroom, however is probably not experienced at both. At Anthony Smith Law, nevertheless, you’ll not have to choose between settlement negotiator or a trial lawyer.
The dedicated slip and fall lawyers at Anthony Smith Law concentrate on settlement agreements, utilizing our negotiation abilities to get you the money you deserve out of courtroom.
To learn more about Anthony Smith Law Firm and about how our slip and fall lawyers can help you to get the money you deserve, contact us online or by telephone as we speak to setup your FREE consultation. From our offices in Orlando we deal with claims across all Central Florida